Well anyway I'm keeping it as that was the original intention and it certainly has room for everything.
I used the fleece fabric that came last week but I had to back it with a recycled sheet first as it was just too stretchy. I also used some old grey jeans that no longer fit my sons to make the straps and flower. I also had some little samples that came with some fabric from Moda a while ago. These came in quite useful as there were quite a few colours there that would have gone with the flower. I'm sure they will come in handy for other little bits of embellishment as well.
The buttons were from a bag I got from the works book shop, they were with all the card making stuff and were only £1.99 about a month ago, when you think what you pay for buttons they are quite a find, they also had them in black and white.
I'm sure I will get lots of use from these.