Friday 31 October 2014

Large Autumn Tote Bag

I finished this bag yesterday and I have been undecided whether or not to keep it or list it.  It is not a fancy  going out bag but rather a large functional bag for work.  That is what I intended to make so that I could fit all my folders and lunch and everything in.  I then thought is it too much like a bag for a nanan?
Well anyway I'm keeping it as that was the original intention and it certainly has room for everything.
I used the fleece fabric that came last week but I had to back it with a recycled sheet first as it was just too stretchy. I also used some old grey jeans that no longer fit my sons to make the straps and flower.  I also had some little samples that came with some fabric from Moda a while ago. These came in quite useful as there were quite a few colours there that would have gone with the flower. I'm sure they will come in handy for other little bits of embellishment as well.



 The buttons were from a bag I got from the works book shop, they were with all the card making stuff and were only £1.99 about a month ago, when you think what you pay for buttons they are quite a find, they also had them in black and white. 
I'm sure I will get lots of use from these.


2 comments:

  1. I found your blog via Frugal Queen and just wanted to say how lovely your blog is and that we are virtually 'neighbors' as we live in Chesterfield. I absolutely LOVE the bag you made! So cute. I've popped you onto the sidebar of my blog so I can be sure to visit again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. I have also visited your blog and I am making my way through the posts, there are lots of gorgeous crafts on there. I have added you to my blog list and also look forward to reading more about your home schooling. All the best. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...