Tuesday 28 October 2014

Scottie Dog Handbag

Well I have daylight pictures of the bag I finished yesterday so I thought I'd share. I used the new fabric for the main part but the rest of the materials are recycled, denim, husbands shirt, canvas belt, button from my stash, ribbon etc.  I always have in snap fasteners just in case the mood takes me to make a bag.
 Sometimes I want to make one and I don't have enough denim for the supporting fabric or a long enough piece to make the strap and no alternative belt or whatever then I get annoyed and start thinking about stuff I've got rid of that could have been used!  This is silly of course because we can't save everything, that is called being a hoarder, but if you sew you probably know the kind of thinking I'm talking about.
So here is the bag...
I made this one a bit longer than usual thinking people might need an umbrella at this time of year and it is so annoying when they poke out of the top of your bag.

Two functional pockets one outside one inside.

I have listed it in my Folksy Store and I would be interested if anyone is looking for something in a particular theme to let me know so I can think about making items up for my Store. 
Off now to sew something else.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...