The reason it has been so long waiting for me to get started is that I knew it wasn't going to be a quick make. It is fitted but very structured and lot of bits and detail that needed to be spot on.
Here it is...
I really like the middle fabric on the front of the pattern but they didn't have any like that so I got this which is a dusky pink. Not a colour I would usually go for as I tend to suit bolder colours so I hope I wear this!
The fit turned out to be very accurate but I did feel the collar was too deep so after I had stitched it all on I thought that it would just bug me, that would probably mean the garment wouldn't get worn. With that in mind I unpicked the whole collar snipped about a cm off the bottom and put it back in. It took longer to put back in as everything was not as crisp but it got there.
When making the shirt next time I may also make it shorter as it is quite long.
This has inspired me to try more of the Burda patterns for more detailed stuff, I make lots without but it is good to work from one occasionally, my way of doing things usually involves trying on repeatedly and tweaking things as I go. Working from a pattern is more like doing a puzzle so it can be a relaxing way to work. ( Just buy them on offer, make sure you can reuse and adapt)
Here you can see it is long, but that is the style.
Now that I know that this pattern works and is a good fit I may see if I can make it in something heavier for the winter.