Friday, 4 November 2016

Sweet Potato, Carrot and Apple Soup (Vegan/Gluten free)

My son actually requested I make us a soup today, quite unusual for him to request something healthy but progress at least.  Last week I made us a kale and watercress soup, today I did something different.
Very deep bowls so it looks like I haven't got much but there is quite a bit in there.

Ingredients
2 large carrots
1 large sweet potato
1 red onion
1 apple
2 tomatoes
1/2 tsp cumin
1 veg stock cube
A little black pepper

Boil sweet potato and carrot until softened, fry onion in a little oil, add tomatoes and apple and fry a little longer. Once the veg are cooked add to the blender with stock made from the water the veg were boiled in ( or steamed, I usually steam them it just takes a little longer). 


Add onion, tomatoes and apples to the blender along with the cumin and pepper, blitz.  This amount served three of us with bread, I had gluten free toast with mine.  It could be stretched much further but I like it quite thick so not as much water.  I also made vegan lasagne for four but I will share that some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

Practical Sewing and Secret Makes

This week has seen another batch of alterations, with a few more in the coming weeks.  Shortening pyjamas for my mum, a ripped seam, darned ...