Here are my cut out pieces for my blouse (own pattern).
here in February Patchwork Challenge and here in Japanese Pinwheel Patchwork. You can also see the fabric in use as a runner here in my retro cupboard makeover. So I am sure this is not the end of it as there are the little bits left from where I cut out the blouse so they will probably be used for something.
The darts were added once I had sewn the shoulders and side seams as I tend to find I end up moving things around anyway, so now it just appears to be easier to do it this way around.
I have let the darts flow out and shaped the sides a little so it is comfortable for when sitting.
Not really sure which way was up on this fabric so I went for this way, not sure it matters.
Well another top completed which is great because that is what I am needing, due to my obsession with always making skirts and dresses my wardrobe ends up lacking in things to go with skirts and jeans. I have another little piece of fabric that has just arrived today, it was only a fiver but also only half a metre, I want to make a little T-shirt with that too. That is my next job.