Here I am part way through unpicking.
Now I had ordered some lace weeks ago (described as lingerie lace) and some of the notions for bra making. The lace arrived and my husband said what are you making with this green net curtain! Well I am not sure about net curtain, although possibly? But it certainly was not what I had in mind so really I should have held fire on using that straight way. I didn't in case you are wondering I ploughed ahead and cut out my pieces!
As I didn't have any moulded cups other than the ones from the old bra I had a go at covering these, in some soft jersey. They didn't hold their shape well with something on them and I felt I was constantly giving them a little smooth out to be sure.
There were also other little mishaps with the lace type, it felt like it was snagging on my hands constantly and I don't have rough hands. Still in the spirit of not letting it win on I went. From unpicking and restitching I do feel I have learnt quite a bit about how the garment comes together and I am sure there are lots of little tricks out there to save time, improve fit etc.
Here are the suspicious looking net curtain pieces. Ha ha
Right this is as far as I got before I decided that this is never going to be worn as it is itchy net style fabric grhhh... I have gathered quite a bit of info from working on it though so all is not lost, the cups sit correctly, it has bones and I have had a play around at trying to sus how to make cups fit without the moulding (but I do need a bit of that). In the picture above I had not added the elastic, straps or bow as I would only be taking them off again for my next try. I don't want to waste any bits.
I will source some better lace and try again, I feel it is important to show that not everything always goes well and that I am constantly learning too, the actual act of hand stitching some bits of the bra was very relaxing as I don't mind that so I will push on and try again.